KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I took Mon through Wed off work this week, to spend a few days of this last week of summer vacation with my kids.

Yesterday, I had to take my daughter to get two fillings, and during that process, two more baby-teeth molars fell right out in her mouth! And yesterday afternoon, I had to take her to minute clinic at CVS pharmacy to get a tetanus shot she was missing, for school. So yesterday was not a good day for her.

Today was her open house for her middle-school. She and I went, she got her new schedule, and enjoyed taking me all over both floors of the school so she could see where each of her classes would be held. We found her new locker, and put a lot of her school supplies in it, in advance, so she won't have to carry it all with her on her first day. In one of her classrooms, we met her teacher. She had to do all the talking, because I choked up again. My baby is starting the 7th grade.

She also had her picture taken, in the gym. Seh wanted to be sure to wear her new Green Day tee shirt that we bought at Target while we were buying her school supplies, I convinced her to let me put some liquid foundation on her face, to cover her acne, and she physically fought with me in the picture line, when I kept trying to brush her hair so that it would at least look groomed. Then she barely smiled for the picture. I have no idea how it is going to turn out.

Tomorrow afternoon, we take her brother to his elementary school open house, so he can meet his new 2nd grade teacher, and bring some of his school supplies in advance.

My husband seems to really like his new job. It seems to be a good fit for him. I wish I had the rest of the week off. I'm really enjoying sleeping in and playing with my kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home