KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Thursday morning, the morning of my husband's big interview, he went to use the computer in our basement...and saw a mouse! He set some traps, and went to his interview. He did inform our 12 year old daughter of the mouse, but she got bored and decided to use the computer that afternoon, and after about an hour of tranquility, the mouse ran right under the desk, right under her feet! She continues to refer to it as "The Rat!"

I came home that afternoon, and the traps had not caught anything. I let our shephard mix dog in to our basement, and she ran right to a crack between two book cases, pointed, barked and frantically reached her paws in . I left her to it and trusted she's flush it out and break its little neck. About 10 minutes later I checked back on her. She had scraped up part of one of the book cases and entirely shredded apart a big chunk of the carpet! And she didn't even get the mouse!

Later that night when my husband came home, he checked the traps again, and one of them had a mouse! So of course he threw it out. Friday morning I checked the remaining traps we'd left out and found one of them was set off, but had not caught anything! So there may be more. I've let the dog back in to the basement though, and she doesn't seem to sense anything. We'll just have to keep setting, and checking, the traps. And put some kind of carpet remnant over the shredded part of the carpet in the corner of our basement family room!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home