KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Yesterday I picked up my 7 year old son from day care. He used the phrase "Dog crap" in conversation, in the car, on the drive home, and I corrected him and informed him that "crap" is not a word we use in our family. I told him I'm aware that he's learned a lot of inapproprate words over the course of the summer. And he replied "Naked Lady. Nekkid Leddeeee. Naked Lady!' Then he thought for a moment and very deliberatly added, "Butt-Tox. Buttox. Buddux." I guess if "Naked Lady," and "Buttox" is the worst he can come up with we're still Ok for now.

I did have to convince him to stop displaying "the finger," earlier this summer though. I told him it was a mean Sign Language word. He told me he would only say it to President "Cheater" W. Bush. I told him it was not appropriate not even then, because it hurts people's feelings. He cried. He hates Geroge Bush with a venom I don't remember passing along to him. He alternately calls him "Cheater W. Bush" or "George W. Cheater." He still believes George W. Bush and Dick Chaney drove to our house almost 2 years ago and stole our "Kerry/Edwards" campaign sign out of our yard, themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home