KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Monday, May 22, 2006

This week end my closest co worker got married in Duluth, Minnesota. So my husband and kids and I drove up, stopped in some small towns along the way, went to her wedding, and her traditional church-basement luncheon afterwards. We then drove to downtown Duluth with some other co workers and hit a bar and grill. It was so fun, I gave the kids a bunch of quarters for games, and we all just ate and talked . We don't get to go out like that very often.

We all stayed in the same hotel, my kids swam for what felt like about an hour, that night, in the hotel pool. Then we played The Worst Case Scenario board game and slept great, my daughter and I in one double bed, and my son and husband in the other.

The next morning we had hotel breakfast including Belgian waffles, and drove back to downtown Duluth for more gift-shop tourism, before we drove home. The weather was great, although it was windy in Duluth. We paid the neighbor girl to feed our dog and let her out in the yard a few times. We were only gone about 30 hours, but it felt like longer. It felt so great to get out of town away from everything and just spend time with each other. We almost never even put on our hotel room tv, except we watched a cartoon as we were getting dressed in the morning.

My son has already asked me if we can go back and do the same thing again, and we just got back yesterday!

2 more of my co workers have given 2 weeks' notice. That leaves 4 of us to get the phone. I can remember when there were 8 of us. In fact I can remember when there were 12 of us. I told my manager, great, now I'm the "team lead" of almost no one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home