KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Last night I made my kids a bath the old fasioned way. I filled the tub with cold water, then heated up pots of water on the gas stove top and poured hot water in with the cold. Later, my husband and two kids and I drank cocoa and played dominoes by candle light, while my husband and I told both kids how great they were for being so patient after two days with no electricity in the house. After our 3rd game of dominoes, just as we were finishing our drinks, suddenly every light in the house came on, temporarily blinding us all! We'd been sure to turn off every light and unplug everything we could think of before the tornado hit, but over the last two days we had accidentally turned on all the light switches out of habit. In 10 minutes, the kids were sitting in front of the tv, and my husband was downstairs typing on the computer, and I was sitting by myself wondering if I should go damage the fuse box. In some ways I liked it better before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home