KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Cut and pasted from an email to friends, as usual:

Do you guys know what kid shows I hate?

Courage the Cowardly Dog. I feel sorry for the dog. No one believes him. And he's got that huge cavity in one of his teeth.

Cow and Chicken. Or just about any cartoon with "And" in its name like Ed, Edd and Eddy, or Grim and Mandy. Charlie Adler's cartoon voices all sound the same and they're grating as all hell ! Cow's udders give me the creeps, and the "Red Guy," (devil) 's tail looks like a little backwards penis.

Cat-Dog is similar to Cow and Chicken, but I have to give it a little slack, because their little friend Screech is voiced by somone I used to know before she left Minneapols to make it big in LA.

Any Japanese anime where the characters absolutely have to stop what ever they're doing to play a fate-defining game of cards! Like Yu Gi Oh or Duel Masters or whatever.

And as much as I may have declared my love for Magnús Scheving who plays Sporticus in the past, the little girl on Lazy town is frighteningly precocious, and the puppets are whiney.And Robbie Rotten is so clearly patterned on Bruce Campbell that I checked the credits when it first came on to see if maybe it really was him, under there!

I've always hated Two Stupid Dogs, but luckily that rarely comes on any more.

As far as grown up shows go, it looks like Comedy Central may have finally taken "Stella" off the air, so I'm good. I'm sure there are a million grown up shows I'd hate if I saw them but since I don't stop and watch them, like my kids force me to watch their shows, I don't really care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home