KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Xmas at my in laws. Spent the whole time trying to keep my hyperactive 5 year old son away from my crabby, controlling, migrane-having mother -in -law, and vice versa. They both just set each other off.
I was so happy to be leaving on Sunday afternoon, the day after Xmas...when not 20 minutes from in in-laws' house, my husband's car DIED! We barely managed to coast over to the shoulder of highway 29 and park.

We used our cellphone for the purpose it was intended, to call for help. my husband called his dad. His dad drove over with his van, put us and all our stuff in it, and drove us the 5 hours home! He stayed over night with us.

He drove home the next day and called a repair shop for our car. Last night my husband called his parents, our motor is shot and it would cost appx $1000 to repair. For a 1994 Saturn sedan with a bunch of other problems with it. I say we cut our losses. I'm sorry that means we'll temporarily be sharing my car which is also just as old, has known problems, and is not reliable, until we're in a better position to start financing a new (used) car, but my husband still wants to pay the $1000 repair to buy a few more months of life from this old car.

Yesterday morning the furnace guys finally came back and put a nice, insulated, pipe from that hole in our utility room wall to our furnace, and put a screen over the hole to the outside to prevent any animals from coming in, so at least that's done right now!

2005 can't start fast enough for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home