KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Yesterday was my birthday.
My co workers decorated my cube walls and desk , and hung streamers from the ceiling, and I go the "Oh No, the Big 40" sign that I've seen at so many other desks before mine. And a birthday card signed by everyone.

Last night my husband and kids and I went to Joe's Crab Shack. I'd always wanted to go there, and crab is something I can get homesick for , from growing up in Washington State. It was great, and the portion of crab was so much I boxed the rest and will have it again for dinner tonight! My husband got me a membership to Sons of Norway, and a subscription to the Utne Reader, one of my favorite magazines!

Today I came in to work and got a surprise email...our part of the company is being bought by another, larger, international company called Cerner! So far all the managers and administrators are really excited about it and have said no layoffs, and more flexability to maintain our own product without our former owner draining all our resources to support their ridicuous new radiology product, so I liked hearing that. So far it sounds like our company name will change, the benefits such as health insurance are about the same, and our daily life will stay the same.

I have to take my dog to get a distemper shot and a bordatella (sp?) shot tonight, so that late next week we can have her kennelled for 5 days while we go to Green Bay for Thanksgiving, and 2 days later, my husband's younger sister's wedding.

I signed up to be a Wednesday noon-time 'reading buddy' with a kid at my daughter's school. They were looking for volunteers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home