KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Just two weeks apart both our stove and our refrigerator had to be replaced. OK we got the money from when we refinanced our house , which still essentially is a loan, just added on to the amount of mortgage we pay each month, but I'm still not too happy about it.

Our new Whirlpool fridge is as tall and wide as the old one, but we didn't notice it was about 6 or so inches deeper than the old one, so it sticks a little farther out in to the kitchen, from the wall, than the old one did. Good news, it holds more food and has much more freezer space. Bad news, it just makes the kitchen seem that much smaller.

We ate out way too much in the 2 weeks during which we were in process of either getting our stove or refrigerator repaired. I felt terrible by the end.


Both kids lost a tooth last week! For my 5 year old son, it was his first, and he swallowed it. I didn't even know he had a loose one. He just came up to me and showed me the empty space where one of his lower front teeth used to be! It was the 8th, for my 10-year-old daughter. They both got 2 dollars from the tooth fairy.

I also had to take an emergency trip to Cub food one night last week at about 10:00 , to hang out in the "feminine products" aisle. This time, it wasn't for me.

Q: Why doesn't anyone make a sanitary napkin with child-friendly designs, such as Disney or Muppet babies, and be scaled smaller to fit in a 10-year-olds clothes?.
A: BECAUSE 10-YEAR OLDS SHOULD NOT BE GETTING THEIR PERIOD YET, that's why! They're still loosing their baby teeth, goddammit!

On Sunday, my friend Debi and I went to the Uptown Theater in Minneapolis and saw "End of the Century: The Ramones." I came out feeling profoundly sad. Not just because Joey and Dee Dee died several months ago, and Johnny died earlier this week, but also because the film really detailed how ill with OCD Joey always was, and how hard they struggled just to put out albums that never really sold well, commercially, in the United States. And also because knowing I've outlived more than half the original Ramones, 3 of the original 4, just makes me feel old. Not old in the good sense, old in the melancholy way that old people insist that the days of their youth were a better time, even if in reality they weren't at all. Old, in a "Future Shock" kind of a way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home