KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Saturday, October 09, 2004

I'm at my desk at work on a Saturday again.

I have a busy aftenroon ahead of me . In about an hour, at 1 pm when I get off work, I pick up my friend Trish & we're going to Brookdale Mall for Deaf Aware Fair. Another coworker of ours, deaf, invited us to go with her...now she had to back out for some reason, so now we're actually going without her. I just think it'll be cool to see the sign entertainers the flier says will be there, and I'm looking for some sign language videos that I don't want to buy on the internet, so I'm hoping a vendor will be selling them.

Then I take Trish home and drive to my husband's ex-coworker, Mai's , house for her Hmong baby naming party. I just know they tie a little string around the baby's wrist, and they have a bunch of Hmong food. I'll be late, but I'll meet my husband and kids there.

I got about 6 phone calls in the whole 4 hours I've been here so far, and it took me about 20 minutes to go downstairs and change all the backup tapes and run all the End of Day functions we gotta type in, when we work on a Saturday.

My 5 year old son lost his second tooth this week!
And my 10 year old daughter spent most of last week Monday through Thursday afternoon, at a school camping trip. It was the longest I've ever been away from her, that I couldn't even call her on the phone. She's spent a week at her grandma's in Green Bay 3 times, but even then, I could call her. I was glad when she came back, she said she had had a great time, and even that she wished she could go back!

My sister sent me an IM yesterday, that my brother and his wife, in Idaho Falls, are going to have a baby. Strangely I had just recently spoken to my mom on the phone, and she didn't mention it.

Tuesday Oct 5, my husband and I got a sitter for our son, and we went to the St Paul Xcel Energy Center to see REM and Bruce Springstein. Im not a big Bruce fan, but I just loved seeing REM. Michael Stipe is such a dream boy and all their music is good. We actually had to leave part way through Springstein's set, because we had to take the baby sitter home.

Someone on Marco's message board pointed out that John Kerry looks just like the Fred Astair puppet on The Year Without a Santa Claus. Now I can't stop thinking that every time I see him. Before that I always thought he looked just like Guy Smiley the muppet.

Our friend Derek brought us another Kerry-Edwards lawn sign, we've put this one up, much farther from the curb than our old one, and it's remained un-stolen and un-vandalized for 4 straight days now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home