KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Sunday, August 10, 2003

OK I charged the Amtrak tickets. We never did receive any checks from that supposed child tax refund program. And our neighbor with 6 children says she only received thirty four dollars total, instead of the 400 per child that the newspaper keeps saying everyone is going to get!
Tuesday night at 11:15 we get on an Amtrak train and ride for about 36 hours to Pasco Washington. How we'll get from Pasco to Yakima, no one knows. Probably rent a car.
We'll be at my mom & dad's for a week, leaving the following week on Wednesday night. Of course, staying at my parents' usually meant carving out a niche in the clutter and ducking out periodically to eat at Burger King a lot .
I'm glad we're going. Last time my parents saw my 9 year old daughter, she was 3, and they've never seen my 4 year old son at all.
And my kids will get to ride on a train & see the Pacific Northwest the whole way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home