KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Wednesday, April 23, 2003

I just posted this message on Memory Lane http://priest.proboards17.com/
It is true, too!

"Over 2 months ago, my husband and two little kids scoured all the Humaine Societies in our area, looking for a dog they could all agree on. They chose a 2 year old female German Shepard/Spaniel mix.

So she's been with us for over 2 months now. Very affectionate and energetic. I've pretty much ruled her out as a guard dog, unless standing on your hind legs and licking a stranger on his face counts an an assault.

But I feel so bad. I just don't like her. I pity her sometimes because she has to put up with our schedule in which we sleep, as a family 6 - 8 hours a night, and are gone to work and school over 8 hours a day and she is all alone in our house during that time.

But to me she's just a bio-hazard. A poop-pee-and-shed-on-my-carpet machine. I try to be nice and pet her, but I can't take getting licked all over my face by a dog and I have to push her away when she does it. Plus I keep having to take kids' toys and all our shoes and boots away from her , because she chews them.

I'm glad my kids & husband have a dog, and they love her, and she loves them and is so great with them, but I think she knows I don't like her, so , again, I pity her.

My biggest love of my whole life was one of the many dogs I had when I was a kid, whe I was pre-school age, she died when I was in Kindergarten. I hope my kids love this dog that much. But I"m sorry I just don't."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home