KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Sunday, February 16, 2003

I let my husband and kids attend my husband's Catholic Church without me, today. I attended a Unitarian Church in our neighborhood, where I should be going in the first place. A local attorney and member of the ACLU spoke for a good 1/2 hour about how the hijackers of the flights that were downed on Sept 11 2001 , and their supporters, are criminals, but not representatives of the militaries of their respective home countries. That Pres Bush and his supporters are using that event as an excuse to erode the civil rights of all americans, but particularly arabian and muslim Americans and guests; and that we need to be more vigilant about what other laws are being passed and revoked while the political right is distracting everyone's attention away from any non-terrorism-related issues. Lacking, as is too often the case, was any suggestion about what we as American Citizens should do about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home