KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Monday I got the flu at work! I stayed, however, because we had a lady coming all the way from Florida just to do training for me and 3 other people, and I didn't want to miss her. But it snowed so hard her plane couldn't land, so she never came that day. I went home, all tired and achey and shoveled my driveway on and off for 3 hours.

Tuesday I still went to work with the flu. I took cold medicine. The trainer from Florida came. 3 of us spent all day watching her presentation. Too bad I never noticed the cold medicine I took was "night time" cold medicine, I had a hard time staying awake!" My kids enjoyed that day, their school was closed due to 8 new inches of snow overnight! Good thing my husband worked the afternoon shift that day. But I still had to take my daughter to guitar lessons. I bought us all Arby's on the way home, and we ate it in front of the tv while I slept on the couch.

Oh yeah, Tuesday afternoon as soon as I got home, my boss called me. Not to tell me whether or not I got the promotion the toilet room lady told me about, but to tell me I need to go to Daytona Beach, Florida, for a full week, and I need to leave a week and a half from now! She said it was short notice to her too. I don't how to feel. If it doesn't get cancelled, then I'll finally realize my college-age ambition to be in a Florida Spring Break town during actual Spring Break! But I'll be a 41 year old married mom. And my husband and have very short notice to arrange child care for some of those days. Dang. Plus I still think airports are creepy. And hotels.

Today I went to work. Felt much, much better, and then found out once I got there, that although I may feel better, I have laryngitis really bad! All my co workers kept trying to declare me unfit for work and kept trying to order me to go home. But I had to convince them I just SOUND bad, I don't feel that bad any more. Plus the Florida lady is still here and I don't want to miss her training.

It is late I got to put the kids to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home