KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

About 2 months ago I sent an email to the registrar of my old college, Macalester College, from which I graduated in 1987. I explained that I know my transcript shows my Anthropology major, and my French core-degree, which is like a minor.

I also explained that I took all the required courses for a Linguistics major, also. And that the only other two requirements for a Linguistics major were to prove "proficiency" in a second language, and "familiarity" with a third. The French core-degree was proof of my proficiency in a second language. But I was supposed to make an appointment with the linguistics department chair person to prove familiarity with the Norwegian language. I just never made that appointment. My transcript, of course, does not list the Linguistics major because I never fulfilled that last requirement. I only know what's on my transcript is because I requested a copy of it myself shortly after I graduated, just to see what it looked like.

In my email, I asked the registrar what I could do now to fulfill that last requirement, so that I could get my Linguistics degree to appear on my transcript.

Last week I got an email reply saying they'll just add it, I don't need to do anything more!

That makes me want to reqeust a copy of my transcript again, just to see it. No employer ever has.

I only paid off my student loan about 2 years ago, and I was so excited to get the letter from Sallie Mae Student Loan Center that I still have it magneted to my refrigerator. I should probably take it down now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home