KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Someone asked my list of "bobbins" or what I would call "pet peeves".
Obviously I could write volumes, but here was my list today:

My phone ringing between the hours of 9 pm to 9 am.

Voice mails from someone who just throught up something for me to do for them.

School fund raisers. "You're only giving me fifteen dollars? I need one thousand dollars! I want to win the bike!"

Misleading headlines "CHENEY SHOOTS SOMEONE!" Turns out to be with buck-shot. Big deal.

Microsoft word screwing up my capital letters. People who make me have to hear what day of the week it is when it's not even relevent! Me: Good Morning Scott. Scott: Sigh. It's Wednesday.

Miserable tv comedies about charming married couples where the wife is always clever, and the husband is always forgetful and lazy that last for 6 years, I can't even name any, they're all the same; when great shows like Arrested Development barely last a year or two.

Eyeball-searing perfume.

Dog hair.

Women's Entertainment television network aka "The Crying Channel." I'm a woman. They have yet to show anything that I would watch.

Cars. Car-dependent society. They bug me.

My male friends' new girlfriends. They're never good enough in my opinion. I dread being introduced to them.

Employment interviewers to don't call back to say you didn't get the job. I remember when it used to happen to me. Now I see it happen to my husband all the time.

Sodapop . I hate that I love it in almost all its forms.

News stories about how all our nation's youths are starving themselves and worshipping the goddess "ana", right next to a news story about how all our nation's youth are obese.

News stories about how all our nations youth are over-extended with parentally enforced activites such as sports, right next to news stories about how all our nations youth are entirely ignored and neglected by self-absorbed, workaholic parents .

Bugs. Hate 'em.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:59 PM , Blogger ash966 said...

    "My male friends' new girlfriends. They're never good enough in my opinion. I dread being introduced to them"

    What about female friends' significant others? I can get mad thinking about some of the toads they've brought by, like "He is ruining her life! RUINING IT!! With guy friends, I'm just like, "eh, different strokes and all that". I don't know why, maybe a weird sort of sexism, like guys are tough, they can handle it (not including stuff at the level of abuse, of course).

    I've never experienced the girl-friend-who-thinks-all-women-are-after-her-man-so-she won't-let-you-see-him, though, only heard of it from others.

    Luckily, all my friends seem to have OK SO's right now, the most they would do is irritate me, but I don't have to spend that much time with them, so I don't really care.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home