KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Monday, April 04, 2005

My husband says his new job is boring.

Back when we were still dating, back in the late 1980's, and we lived a few blocks apart from each other, in apartments near our old college, crowded with room mates, he got sick. I found a bamboo wall hanging, about 18 inches long, of Pope John Paul II ! Since he's Catholic, I got it for him and hung it up in his room to cheer him up. Yesterday, the day after the Pope died, my husband found our old bamboo wall hanging of the Pope. So I hung it from a nail next to our front door, outside our house. It already got a nice comment from our Catholic next door neighbor. I feel like a hypocrite, me being an atheist. But Pope John Paul was a good guy. He didn't always rule in my favor, but then again who does? Too bad I only found it and put it up AFTER the Jahovah's Witnesses knocked on our door, earlier that day! I would have loved to have had it up when they came over.

I'm glad to see the weather turn warm. I'm looking forward to walking in the neighborhood again, not just the quick trip in my Sorells to walk the dog around the block. I could start running again now.

My 11 year old daughter's rock tumbler is on again for the month. I can't belive those things have to run for a solid month! And it's so loud! The sound coming from our guest bedroom right now sounds like a dryer full of gravel, because in a way that's what it is, only smaller and also includes water and sand.

My job is boring, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home