KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Monday, March 14, 2005

I almost set my own jacket on fire one day last week. My 6 year old son handed me a nine volt battery he found on the floor of our car. I have no idea what it fell out of. Anyway I put it in my jacket pocket with the assorted change that was already in there, and I forgot about it. The next morning, my husband was driving me to work, and my stomach started burning! It was so hot. When I stuck my hand in my jacket pocket to see what felt like a hot potato, it burnt my hand! I had to wait until we arrived at my office parking lot , put on a winter mitten one of my kids had left on the floor of the car, just to empty out my pocket until the red hot battery fell out! I guess a copper penny had laid across both the diodes at the end of the battery and created an electrical circuit in my own jacket pocket!

My husband has been offered a new job, and he accepted it. It pays less than his last one, but he's tired of being unemployed, and it gets his foot in the door of a really well respected local law publishing company! Our kids have school this week. They have spring vacation next week, and he's going to stay with them. Then, the week after that he goes back to work at his new job!

Work still only fun because of my friend sitting next to me. Otherwise the new company that bought us hasn't done JACK to improve anything around here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home