KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Tuesday, December 10, 2002

Admin and sales seems to have almost doubled our customer base at work. Even knowing that, they would not approve any new hires for the company until existing employees prove we can not handle the work load. Well, I think we're proving it. At least, *I* am, anyways. The phone my phone doesn't stop ringing now, and half the time its customers who want to know why I haven't returned my calls, which is because my phone doesn' t stop ringing. And I'd declare some vacation days, but no vacations will be approved until after new years, because, after all, we're so short staffed right now.

This week end, Debi and I bought our tickets to see Henry Rollins speak on Jan 18, in downtown Minneapolis! I am so excited. It will be my third time to see him speak. I have also seen him sing, twice.
The next week, I get to to take two week-night classes and a week end class to be approved to go back to teaching English as a Second Language, as a Minnesota Literacy Council volunteer, in a local community center, hopefully one night a week, like I used to before the kids were born.I hope I get to teach small classes of absolute beginner Adults like I did the last time.

On Thanksgiving Saturday we were still in Green Bay Wisc, visiting my in-laws. My father in law brought me to the Green Bay St. Vincent De Paul's thrift store and let me chashier all morning from about 9:00 until they closed at noon. A pretty good gig, since almost everything they have is an even dollar amount!

I have absolutely got to learn Spanish, though. That has to be my next project!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home