KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Wednesday, November 13, 2002

I'm trying to figure out how blog skins works so my web log will look really cute and contain all those imbedded pop culture photographs I've seen on so many others.
My computer at home is still in the shop. Will get it back in the next few days. I am writing this from my desk at work during my "lunch".
I have about 30 open call - tracking calls, many of which I haven't even really read throroughly. The phone keeps ringing, and I keep adding those new calls to my existing ones, without being able to work on any of them.
I quit Sam's. I was sad. It was like being a teen ager again there. But I can't fit it in to my schedule any more. I'll miss the money too.
I have spoken with some Minnesota Literacy council people, so I can start volunteering to teach English as a Second Language , one night a week again. I may not have 20 or sho hours a week to work at Sam's but I think I can give up one or two hours a week for a good cause. I used to teach ESL in the evenings before my kids were born. It puts my linguistics major to work.
Work sent me on a road trip to the small town of Braham Minnesota, to demonstrate our accounting software products. The drive was long, I am lucky I didn't get lost. They were pleasent, but it seemed like they weren't really impressed by the product, as I used a borrowed lap top to demostrate how people use it. So I was very surprised when I arrived back at the office and found that in the mean time they'd called and agreed to purchase our payroll product, one of the products I had demonstrated! At least my effort wasn't completely wasted. And for one brief moment I felt like income , as oppsed to over-head, like I usually do.
My 9 year old girl is in Karate two nights a week now, two blocks from our house. Girl Scouts once every two weeks. Catholic Ed (husband's idea, not mine!) once a week.
I hope we're not burning her out!
My 3 year old is obsessed with the DVD remote and insists on taking it potty with him and sometimes sleeping with it!
My voice mail at work is filling up with people who want to know why I"m not calling them back? But I can't call them back to tell them why I'm not calling them back, I have to take the next call. Or train the new person. Or drive to Braham, MN. Or visit someone who is calling me over, as team lead, for a difficult question.
Can't say my life is not full!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home