KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Monday, September 30, 2002

I took training class, almost all day every week day last week, learning a new software product that our office is going to start taking customer service calls about, pretty soon. The good news is, it's a product I used to be an end-user of, 9 years ago, on a previous job. The bad news is, its had so many updates to it that it many ways it's completely new to me anyway. The other good news is that it's so similar to the product I've been supporting for the last 5 years of my life, that I really do understand how it works, for the most part. I'll just have a hard time remembering how to call up a lot of the specific options and functions that their end-users may be asking about. My schedule for this week is the same.

This week end I worked at Sam's Club again. 8 hours Saturday , 8 hours Sunday. I find that I'm more fond even than usual, of some of my co workers there. They're such hard workers and such nice people, and I'll probably be leaving them very soon. I want to quit Nov 20, so I can go to my in-laws the next week end, and spend the "Christmas season" (which as you may know, I hate, in itself) with my children (who don't hate it, and who I should be putting on a show for). Items returned for refunds? The usual ill-fitting clothes. More boxes of baby diapers than usual. A Stir-Fry cook book. Old ladies are always returning paper-back books that, once they get it home, they then figure out they already have it and have read it.

Friday night I was surfing on yesterdayland.com, in my basement, and I saw a mouse! I set a mouse trap (left over from a whole family of mice we had to kill last January) and killed him in less than an hour. Now we're setting other traps in our house to see if we kill more , but so far we haven't caught any.

Saturday all 4 of us , my husband and I, my two kids, drove to Best Buy to buy an extention cord for our VCR and DVD players, so we can network them all up properly with our TV and all our in our gorgeous, new, wooden, home entertainment center. And while we were there we picked up a little device that is supposed to repair scratches in DVD's and ROM's. This same week end I read a news story about how women in Afghanistan die in child birth because although they may now have the legal right to leave their homes, their husbands and male relatives still won't let them go to a hospital, even if they are dying! Our search for extention cords and mouse traps is just so trivial.

I am the worlds oldest sullen teen, and the worlds most priviledged woman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home