KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Tuesday, September 10, 2002

Recent emails between me and all my old high school friends (we all, but 1, graduated hs in 1987)

Dear Roberta, Kathy, Tim and Gary,

I have been enjoying the slew of Sci-Fi and Fantasy movie critiques (and the Yoda Song) that have been sent my way these past few weeks. Thank you!

It is great to be almost John Lennon's final age and to relate to the fun things in life. I am certain that all of us fit under the "Cool Aunt/Cool Uncle" title when our nephews and nieces think of us. (Roberta, your work station sounds like a haven!!!!!!)

However, in all of this movie discussion, no one has ever mentioned BLADERUNNER. Tisk-tisk! How could any Star Wars sequel, prequel or Nyquil be a success without Harrison Ford or Rudgar Hauwer!

Now for my 2 cents on TV shows; Star Trek (with the original cast) will outlast all of the Star Wars movies combined because it's plot had so much MORE sexual tension. Wasn't Mr. Spock was the biggest tease?
Here was Captain Kirk making it with every bouffant babe in the galaxy, and poor Mr. Spock stuck with getting his Captain and all of the crew out of
another jam...Trekkies couldn't wait to watch an episode where Mr. Spock might succumb to his human side and make a few conquests of his own.

I was on an "I Dream of Jeanie" kick all throughout my last pregnancy. The first five episodes are SO SUGGESTIVE. Anthony Nelson is unhappily
engaged to his superior officer's daughter, when his space capsule takes a wrong turn and leaves him stranded on an island until he frees a beautiful genie, named Jeanie, who rescues him.

Jeanie is disgusted with his fiancee because she (his fiancee) doesn't appreciate how sexy he looks in his astronaut suit or his AirForce uniform! Unfortunately, as he begins to show more of an interest in Jeanie, her character becomes less cunning. She slowly turns into a ditsy Barbie Doll genie. The show really loses it's steam after
they're married. Too bad, it got off to a great start!

That's all for now,
Bye.

When did Jeannie and Major Nelson get married? I had no idea!
-Gary


Jeannie and Tony Nelson got married in the final season of I Dream of Jeannie, due to a combination of protests from the League of Decency , or what ever their television equivalent, and their declining ratings. I always thought that it was a good move, because it allowed Tony to make of of Jeannie's wishes come true for a change, but also a bad move, because then it just became even more of a duplicate of Bewitched. They already had the evil, brunette-wig twin cousin, and allowed Boyce and Hart to be guests, they didn't need to be more alike. There's an especially funny I Dream of Jeannie, after they're married, where all the supporting characters do some kind of intervention on Tony, because Jeannie keeps refering to him as her "master" and they're afraid he's abusing her!I am not joking, I remember seeing that as a teenager.
Harrison Ford or no Harrison Ford, where ever George Lucas is writing akward, stilted dialogue, people are claiming to love each other but not acting like it ( I swear to you George Lucas has never been in love, not even once!!), fatherless teen age boys are whining about being held back, ILM is making stuff blow up, lenthy POV shots let you know in advance what the video-game tie-in is going to be, and John Williams is writing the music, it's a Star Wars movie! I need a pack of stale, over-priced Red Vines licorice, just from thinking about it.

Michelle, what was that cartoon you left me a voice mail about last week ? I'd never heard of it. You were right about Freaks and Geeks reruns. I only saw one , but It was hilarious!

Not only are we all nearly John Lennon's max age, but I also remember [Our English Teacher] Jane Schwab's 40th birthday, when I was a Junior at Davis.

Love Kathy


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home