KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Friday, September 06, 2002

Yesterday I got an email at work. It was a bulk email sent by our national headquarters, "inviting" all employees to wear red white and blue on Sept 11. Today my husbands office did the same thing to him. My 8 year old daugher brought home a xeroxed note saying not only are children in her (public) school "encouraged" to wear red white and blue, but also they're going to have a school assemebly in which they will recite the pledge of allegiance and sing the national anthem and God Bless America. Jingoism just doesn't get any better than this. I"m tempted to keep all 3 of us home, plus our baby, just to get us all out of this and to celebrate my husband's birthday, Sept 11, free from all this insincere, embarassing group-hysteria.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home