KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

I woke up to what felt like a crushing disappointment this morning.

A month ago I started planning a trip to Washington. Now that we've met, via email and the phone, my older half sister, placed for adoption by our mom before she married, I wanted us all to meet.

So, disappointment number 1, about a month ago, was that our mom said she wasn't "ready" to meet in person yet. Which seems very hypocritical to me, since our mom is adopted herself, and met her own birth mother several times. So, for that reason, my sister hasn't made the 3 hour drive over there, either.

Anyway, one of my brothers and I agreed that he'd drive to Tacoma from Idaho Falls and I'd fly from here in Minneapolis, to meet her. But I suggested October 7, this week, now that I have the money for plane fare. She hasn't answered me at all yet, but my brother says he has no more vacation days from work until January.

So, if my sister agrees, in October, it'll just be me.

It still bugs me no one who lives closer to her has made the effort. It's a 3 hour drive for most of them, and they haven't bothered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home