KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

School hasn't even started yet, and already I've screwed up. Last night my husband and I got out all the unopened mail and went through it and found that although my son's school open-house and meet the teacher night was still two days away...my daughter's middle school one had happened about 5 hours ago. So I will have to take a long lunch from work tomorrow, go home, get her, take her to school, get her schedule and her locker, and go back to work. And she'll have to get her picture taken on picture re-take day.

Tonight we spent almost $200 at Sam's Club. I only recognised one person from when I used to work there 5 years ago, and she didn't see me. I meant to go alone and buy milk and washcloths. Instead everyone came with me and we included such things as a tub of cookie dough, tee shirts, a dvd of Pink Floyd's The Wall, and a small crate of individual-sized childrens' breakfast cereal boxes. Almost $200! That's almost plane fare to see my sister in Tacoma or to LA to the online music fan forum convention I keep saying I'm not even thinking about going to.

And I created a Facebook account, to go along with the MySpace account and the Yahoo 360 account, both of which already have most of the same friends added to them. But I finally do have to see what the fuss is about. Plus I'm bored.

I'm feeling better about the trip I took to Ukiah, CA, two weeks ago, now that I'm hearing back from everyone. The client says all my information helped them a lot, and they wrote to some of our administrators in my office. One called from her home office in Pittsburg to say she was only on page 5 of my 11 page trip report and she' d never read anything as detailed and thorough. Another one nominated me for an award , another blue lapel pin shaped like a star, with our corporate logo inside it. We're supposed to pin them to our name badges, but I keep mine in a little box full of them in my desk.

Last summer I ran a little more every day, so I could run in a 5 k that fall. And this summer I ran in a 5K in May, all pleased with myself that with that as my starting point, I could work my way up even from there all summer. Then I hardly ran at all! I guess if I'm not actually signed up for a race, and planning towards it, I'm just staying in! And it's August 28 already !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home