KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

OK, we just blew about $180 at Sams Club 2 days ago there's no good reason for us to be out of groceries already. What posessed us to buy both a 50-count of 2-packs of Grandma Gebhart (stale) packaged chocolate chip cookies AND a one gallon tub of Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough. Which do I want, cookies, or cookies?

Today I left work at 11 for "lunch" drove to my 13 year old daughter's middle school, signed her up for the school bus, even though we got a form in the mail months ago that all we needed to do was sign and mail back. Somehow we left it until 5 days before school starts. Then I drove to my 8 year old son's elementary school and did the same thing, only I also had to pay them $225 for his. Then I stopped by the house and made sandwiches for them that, honestly, they could have made themselves. Then I got back to work and had a voice mail from my husband saying, he already mailed my son's form and check for $225 in , two days ago. It's only our daughter who wasn't signed up for the bus. So I called the school district transportation department and left them a voice mail saying sorry I signed him up a second time. When they get our check in the mail and the second one from his school's front office , please destroy one of them. I'm sure we look like the biggest bunch of dorks alive, and that no one really questions where my son's neurotic behavior comes from.

My closest co worker got a lecture from our manager yesterday explaining that although we've been told we have unlimited sick days, Human Resources told our manager to tell her she's using too many sick days. So, great, they're going to draw an arbitrary line and start making her come in and spread her germs, which is what we were told the unlimited sick days rule was supposed to prevent. And we got a lecture from her at our department meeting today that Human Resources won't add new people to a department unless all the members of that department work 48 hour weeks instead of just 40 and still can't keep up. I'd be deeply offended if they didn't pay me so damn much.

I made myself run to highway 65 and back. Mapquest says that's 2 miles. It went OK. I should have kept it up all summer, I just didn't . I'd be in better shape if I had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home