KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

My daughter and I left Anime Detour 2007 at about 3 pm this afternoon. She asked to leave. We'd been there for about 4 hours already, and she said she did't see any more events for the rest of the day that she wanted to go to. Today we watched several hours of "Black Cat," and a film called "Lupin III."

In the early afternoon, my daughter noticed that occasionally, different people, each wearing a white headband, would put a hand on her, she would look at them, confused, they would appologize and move on. Finally, in a hallway confrontation between several white-head-banded and red-head-banded teen agers, we figured out there was an organized tag game between teams identified by red or white headbands, and my daughter's "Ryuichi from Gravitation" costume just coincidentally included a red headband. She eventually took off the headband.

We'll go back tomorrow for a while. It's been really fun, and I'm really proud of her. I'm regretting we didn't get a room in the hotel, as so man others clearly had! Maybe next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home