KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Andrea challenged us all to write "5 things you probably don't know about me."

What obscure facts of my life have I not already broadcast via blogger, myspace, yahoo, or any other networking thing. Not to mention I know you all in real life, I think. Anyway.

1. I have a broken nose. It doesn't show from the outside. Every doctor I've ever seen since I was a teen ager has , with grave concern, asked me, "How did you break your nose?" I have no idea. I think I was born with it.

2. I personally attended the lighting of the 1991 St. Paul Ice Castle. It was the big one , they built for the Super Bowl, that broke the City of St. Paul Ice Castle budget for the next 10 years. It was freezing out, but I took the bus downtown, alone, to watch it anyway. I had nothing better to do back then. It was really beautiful!

3. I can't follow a simple map. So don't give me directions. I always feel deeply sorry for any passengers, if I'm driving them. I always have to turn back around in driveways and take U-turns, looking again for street names or house numbers. It's sad.

4. I appeared in Play It Again Sam, by Woody Allen, at the St. Paul Jewish Community Center community theater , summer of 1986 and part way in to that fall. I played an art gallary patron with a few lines. It was easy that summer, becuase I lived in the dorms and worked part time in the post office, and had plenty of free time. But when classes started, it was my Senior year, I would wolf down my SAGA dinner and race out to the bus stop. Someone else in the play usually drove me back to the dorms around 11 pm. I never told anyone. I didn't want anyone to know.

5. I often listen to KDWB top 40 music in my car, when I jog with a radio, and at my desk at work. I'm surprisingly familiar with today's commercial top 40 for a 42 year old. I like quite a lot of it. It's a total guilty pleasure of mine, like Chipotle steak burritos or regular Coke. But I listen to The Current or Minnesota Public Talk radio when I'm at home, especially when I'm cooking or taking a bath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home