KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Good News Bad News.

The good news is that last week on Friday, my husband was offered a job.

The bad news is that
A) The job is bill collecting, on the phone, for a professional collection agency and
B) They said he had to start Monday, just 3 days away.

I even told him I would totally respect your decision if you say no.
But he said yes, and so we've been totally juggling getting our kids to and from school, and he's being trained in , this week, to what really is just a low-paying electronic sweat shop.

They can make a comission from what they've collected, if they collect enough, but he's already finding out that the only way many of the other employees there actually collect that quota and keep the commission is by working unpaid over time hours... and making illegal statements to customers over the phone. We do need the money...but I have given him my total permission to quit any time he feels like it.

It snowed about 6 inches yesterday, and I parked on the street and shoveled out our driveway for 2 straight hours after I got off work. I was just finishing up when my husband came home . My back is in total agony, even now. My husband offered me a Vicodin, left over after a recent emergency root canal he had a few weeks ago, and me, the tea-totaler, I TOOK IT , and slept great last night!

No more emails or anything from my relatives in Norway, lately. but I DID find a man in the on-line California white pages with the same first and last name as my grandmother's brother , so I wrote him a letter last week, and hope to find out if he is my grandmother's very elderly brother. He'd be in his late 80's , I'm thinking, if it's him. Maybe I'll find out what happened to that part of the family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home