KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Friday, December 02, 2005

More email from Norway. I'm really touched that these relatives who barely know who I am are willing to write me an email and send pictures, especially since I think no one from the USA branch of the family has had any connection to them at all since I visited my Grandmothers's cousin Gerd, and her husband Validmar, since 1985!
Their pictures are so beautiful, the only reason I have to believe that these really are pictures my relatives have taken of themselves and their home, and not just pictures torn from a tourist brochure, is that I can see so much ressemblence in their faces, to relatives I grew up with in Washington State. One man looks just like a recent picture of my Uncle Bob, one older woman has my grandmother's smile, and one little boy looks like my 6 year old son's twin! I was so suprised to see Syttnde Mai pictures of these same people wearing bunads, I though no one did that any more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home