KathySRW

Pass the chips.

Monday, March 03, 2008

Just an update on my Doctor Who scarf:

Since this picture was taken 2 days ago, I've added 7 rows of yellow. After 3 more, I move on to 22 rows of red.


Below is the Pinewood Derby car that won my 9 year old son the "Most Likely Made by a Scout" (and not by their parent) Award. Which is kind of burn, if you think about it. But my son was handed a small trophy and was thrilled to stand with the other winners!
My son selected the shape from a matchbox car. It really was my husband who hand-sawed it in to shape. My son spray painted it gold, and my 14 year old daughter drew the lettering on it. She later told us that the symbol she chose was the Japanese character for "death." She justified it by stating she really meant, "Death to the other cars." But she misunderstood which end of the car was the front, and my son told us he heard a few comments from people asking him what "P.E." stood for.

Sadly, I feel that the excitement was too overstimulating. Later that night he threw a tantrum because of something related to popcorn, in the neighbor's basement, so badly that both of us parents had to run over and coax him, still sobbing, out of their basement, and back across the street to our house.
The next month is going to be rough. My manager will be out on medical leave, and not only will we all be worried about her, I officially take over her job, the one I emphatically turned down when it was offered to me about 1 1/2 years ago. So in a way I'll be being held accountable for the productivity of a department that essentially won't have me in it, and will be minus my productivity.
What's worse is I was previously planning on taking one of those weeks off. It's my kids' spring break! Then they'll be even shorter, at work, that whole week. So I'm thinking of cutting my vacation down to 3 days rather than 5. I didn't have travel plans or anything. Bad timing, I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home